BEIJING UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY (BJUT)
Beijing University of Technology (BJUT) is a key university under the administration of Beijing Municipal Government. It was founded in 1960.
At present, BJUT has 3 divisions and 29 colleges and institutes, offering programs in science, engineering, literature, economics, management, law, philosophy, education and arts etc. It has 3 national key disciplines and 39 municipal key disciplines and 18 Post-doctoral research programs
Now, BJUT has over 25000 students, including 13,000 undergraduates, 9800 postgraduates, over 2000 undergraduates of continuing education and 900 international students. And there are 2963 faculty and staff members, including 9 Academicians of Chinese Academy of Engineering and Chinese Academy of Sciences, 10 specially-appointed professors of ‘Yangtze River Scholars Program’, 12 winners of ‘National Fund for Distinguished Young Scientists’, 14 candidates of ‘Global Youth Experts Recruitment Program’ and 53 international teachers
It offers 18 first-level doctoral degrees, 31 first level master's degree programs and 62 Bachelor’s Degree programs and 18 Professional Degree programs.
In 1996, BJUT was included in National 211 Project, joining the rank of China’s 100 top universities in 21st century. In 2016, according to the latest QS University Ranking, BJUT was ranked at top 100 among all universities in Asia and 26th in Mainland China. In 2017, BJUT has officially entered the ranks of leading position disciplines in construction Universities. Architecture and Civil Engineering College is a core division of Beijing University of Technology. The fourth subject assessment was conducted by the Chinese Ministry of Education in 2017，the scores of Department of Civil Engineering achieved level “A” (which was the same as of Tsinghua University) and it was ranked the sixth in China.
The college consists of 7 departments, centers or divisions: - Department of Building Environment and Facility Engineering;- Department of Energy Conservation and Emission Reduction;- Department of Structural and Material Engineering;- Department of Road and Bridge Engineering;- Department of Water Resources and Water Engineering; - Department of Municipal water cycle Engineering; - Department of Construction and Management.
Key research directions for the Department of Renewable Energy Technology applied in Architecture are as follows:
- Key technologies for thermal design to reduce the consumption of energy ;
- Key technologies for energy conservation to control indoor air quality and environmental parameters;
- Key technologies for renewable energy utilization and system integration to improve energy efficiency.
- -To take part in the Project Network development in Asian Region;
- -To take part in the modernisation and enhancing course structures at Bachelor, Master and PhD levels and of syllabus of the selected modules on Integration of Sustainable Renewable Energy Solutions into the Built Environment with the aim to re-focus on teaching students modern and future advanced technologies, taking into account the latest developments at the international level. Also BJUT will play a considerable role in the distance improvement of Skills Development of PhD students in Integration of Renewable Energy Technologies into Buildings.
- -To participate in setting up teaching laboratories and delivering the Laboratory work notes at BJUT;
- -To organise teaching processes at BJUT;
- -To participate in quality assurance of all teaching materials, methods and processes at BJUT;
- -To coordinate the promotion of project and dissemination of its results at national and international levels.
Prof. Chao CHEN
Prof. Weirong ZHANG
Prof. Zhenghua QUAN
Prof. Wei WANG
Prof. Jingchao XIE
Prof. Yanfeng LI
Prof. Yuehong BI